Core Priority #1: Build a comprehensive system of career preparation that aligns with the state and regional economies
The foundation of the Delaware Pathways Strategic Plan is the five (5) core priorities listed below and the work strategies to fulfill them.
- Build a comprehensive system of career preparation that aligns with the state and regional economies
- Scale and sustain meaningful work-based learning experiences for students in grades 7-14
- Integrate our education and workforce development efforts and data systems
- Coordinate financial support for Delaware Pathways
- Engage employers, educators and service providers to support Delaware Pathways
Each core priority area is aligned to the Student Success 2025 report developed by the Vision Coalition of Delaware and the Delaware Growth Agenda report developed by the Delaware Business Roundtable. A lead agency or organization is assigned to each core priority area to accelerate work, engage additional partners, and ensure success. Our ability to achieve the Delaware Promise and meet these goals depends on our capacity to mobilize across all sectors to address one of our nation’s greatest challenges.
Expand Delaware’s model of career preparation and continuing education to include all secondary and postsecondary education partners (grades 7-14). These efforts must support a diverse group of students as they enroll in career pathways that reflect the needs of the state and regional economies and lead to an industry-recognized credential, certificate, or license that holds value at the professional or postsecondary level.
Note: Click on the icon in the top right-hand corner to expand the document to fill the screen, or click on the “Download” link at the bottom left-hand corner to download the document.